Add Social Links/Icons
While you can add in your own social icons and link them to your respective social media pages using the editor, the system can do it for you as well, automatically. All you have to do is add in the web addresses for each and set the position on your website where you would like them to display.
Step 1: Setup Account Links
- Access: Tools>Social Links.
- Select the Add a Link button.
- To the right, enter the URL of your social media page In the Link field.
It is necessary to have the "http://" (or "https://", if applicable) within the link, otherwise it will not be recognized. The best way to avoid this situation is to just copy the link directly from your address bar, as it will contain this automatically.
- Enter the name of the social media outlet into the Label field. For example, Facebook, Twitter, etc. This is a back end reference only.
- Click Save Changes.
Step 2: Create a Block
Creating a block will designate an area for these to display.
- Access Website>Blocks.
- Click New Block.
- Choose the Social Links option.
- Select the position. If you are unsure of which to choose, click the “Show me the wireframe” link for a visual of where each position is located, relative to your site.
- Enter a name.
- Click Create My Block.
- In the settings, you can choose the Icon Set to display as Dark or Light color icons.
- You can also adjust the Icon Size (the more you have the smaller the size should be).