Add a Product
To add a product:
- Access: Website>Commerce.
- In the upper right, click the Commerce: Overview button and select Products.
- In the upper left, choose New Product.
- Enter your Item Name.
- Enter in a Unique URL.
The Unique URL follows the .com, .org, etc. in your web address. It should be relatively short and hyphens should be placed in between words.
- Enter in a Description of the product.
It is recommended to add a 'Category URL' to products that can be grouped together. Enter the Category URL, followed by a "/", then the product name. See below for examples:
|Product|| Category URL
|| Product URL
||Full Unique URL|
| Event Registration
- Click the Add a Price Choice button.
- Enter the Name, Amount and Details (details is optional) of this specific pricing option.
- Repeat the process for additional pricing options.
In addition to the pricing choices you create for a donor to select from, they can also enter their own amount. For this, the Custom Amount feature must be enabled.
- Click the Enable Custom Amount button so it turns blue.
- Custom Amount Caption will function the same as the pricing name.
- Button Text will display on the button beneath the custom amount option. Often, it is changed to "Donate" or "Donate Now".
- Enter in a Minimum Amount. Generally, $5 is standard.
- Select Save Item when complete.
The product can be viewed any time by clicking the Unique URL below your product name in the product list.