Setting Up Data Collection
Data Collection can be a great way to gather additional information from a user when they are purchasing a product or registering for a member directory. While the display of the Data Collection form can vary, the method for setup is the same, regardless of function.
Step 1: Create Data Collection Form
- Access: Tools>Forms.
- Under Extra Data, select Data Collection.
- There are several types of Data Collection Forms available: Commerce and Directory are defaults. If you have the Content Server plugin enabled, that will be available as well.
- Next to the appropriate category, click New to create a new form (or Edit for an existing form).
- Provide your form with a Name, then click Create.
- In the form editor, add your form fields that will allow you to best collect the information you wish to gather.
Follow steps 2 & 3 in this article if you are unfamiliar with how to add/modify form fields.
- Click Save Form.
Step 2: Assign Data Collection Form
- Access: Website>Commerce, then choose Products.
- Find the product you wish to add the form to and select it from the left panel.
- In the right panel, below Product Details Form, select the desired form that you had created in step 1.
- Click Save Item.
- Access: Website>Member Directory.
- Locate the directory you wish to add the Data Collection form to, then click the 'gear' icon>Edit Directory.
- In the Directory Editor, select the Profile Forms tab.
- Under the Profile Forms tab, choose your form from the Add Profile Form drop-down.
- Click Save Changes.